Jonathon Baker 5:240:00/5:24
In Love with a Girl 2:430:00/2:43
Reaching You 3:570:00/3:57
I Won't Cry For You 3:070:00/3:07
Set it Free 4:260:00/4:26
Living in a Coma 4:440:00/4:44
"Believe in Love" 2:330:00/2:33
Don't Go 3:550:00/3:55
One Little Sign 3:400:00/3:40
"Robert is a brilliant musician. It’s not just that he plays well or that he’s a skilled and gifted writer. It’s his intuition and prescience with a piece of music that first got my attention. As an accompanist, he is spot on, but as a collaborator, he is to be trusted unreservedly. He is also a gifted educator, a beloved choir director, bandleader... (George Masswohl - "Come From Away")
Australian/Canadian musician Robert Graham is an award-winning pianist, singer/songwriter, and vocalist, as well as a Music Director, collaborative pianist (vocal, instrumental, and dance), choir director, vocal/repertoire coach, educator, writer, and human-rights activist.
Recently relocated to his former home of Perth, Western Australia, Robert is equally at home performing classical, pop, rock, musical theatre, opera, and jazz repertoire. He is also a creator of award-winning original multi-genre music (see "Songwriter" above) and also collaborates with others to produce new works of theatre and musical theatre.
Like his own original music, Robert's career has been varied and eclectic, encompassing many genres. Please click (and/or hover) over any of the tabs above to discover more and also please consider signing up to Robert's mailing list (see above) to keep up with his musical activities.
If you would like to book Robert for your event or venue please check out the "Entertainer" above.
Robert's Musical Journey
Growing up in Gibsons, British Columbia, and Perth, Western Australia Robert graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Music Education. A very short teaching career ensued - which came to an end when Robert decided - at the age of 25 - that high school teaching was not for him.
Since then Robert has been on an amazing and beautiful rollercoaster of a musical journey. Together with his songwriting and performing, Robert has been Music Director on numerous Theatre productions and concerts across Canada and Australia.
His musical collaborations have also included several multi-genre bands and ensembles - including two UK tours with Canadian roots supergroup and (Canadian Folk Music award winners) "Tanglefoot", Australia's Chilean group "Los Chasquis", his own Toronto band "The Fairest and Best", and most recently legendary Australian Aboriginal band YABU.
Robert started his songwriting career relatively late in life - but music from his debut solo album "Storm in a Teacup" and the debut EP from "The Fairest and Best" elicited three all-network sync licensing contracts (The Discovery Channel, Fox Sports and The NASCAR Network) as well as contracts from thirteen individual TV shows - including I Am Cait, The Real World, Bad Girls Club, Total Divas and three Kardashian shows - none of which Robert has ever watched! It was also added to the playlists of over 100 radio stations across North America and his songs have garnered awards from the UK Songwriting Contest, the Billboard World Song Contest, the Dallas Songwriters Association Song Contest, and the "Songs for Social Change" contest - among others.
Robert was the inaugural recipient of the 2018 Douglas C Cowling Bursary in Liturgical Music and also a winner of a 2019 Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary.
For a further taste of Robert's songwriting and to purchase some of his music, click here: here
If you would are a fan of Robert's and would like to support him in his career in the arts with either a one-off or a small monthly donation as a patron please click here
More videos can be found under "Songwriter" above.
And finally, a little spot for random interesting things that have happened to Robert recently:
1. August 2021: Robert was commissioned to write a choral piece for the 2022 West Australian Mass Choir Festival, and annual event at the Perth Concert Hall over several nights featuring 85 schools. The piece has been submitted and all will be revealed next year!
2. Writing: Robert has recently re-acquainted himself with his first love - writing! You can read his articles and video essays on music, life, and his own personal journey at the "Blog" tab above.
3. November 2020: Robert was thrilled to join the legendary Aboriginal band "YABU" for a live concert video, the opening of Perth's NAIDOC week, and a short tour of the Goldfields, during which he featured in the YABU band's new video "Cry in the Wind". More gigs are planned in YABU in 2021.
4. December 2020: Robert was interviewed for a very cool podcast called "Once Upon A Line" in which he talked about two lines of literature that have inspired him for decades - lines he wrote down and kept in his wallet for 30 years! You can listen here.
5. January 2020: One of the songs Robert wrote and recorded by The Fairest and Best, has been picked up by a boutique Slovenian high-end audio company called Erzetich. They have chosen 10 songs, from a world-wide search and "Celebrity" was one of them. It will be on a gold-plated audiophile quality CD which will be used to market the company and the artists. You can get a copy for free (you just pay the shipping and handling!) Check it out here!
FIND Robert online
Robert Graham at Regis North Fremantle (private show)
Proud to be back at Regis North Fremantle
City of Subiaco Citizenship Ceremony
Proud to be singing the national anthem at this event for new Australians.
SwanCare Bentley (private show)
Back again at SwanCare Ningana
Robert Graham at The Belmont Sports and Rec Club!
Back at the Club!
WA Opera Company School Tour
Excited to be hitting the road again with some of the talented singers of the WA Opera Company!
60th Birthday Party (Private Show)
I'll be banging out the hits at this private affair!
SongStory Project shares the stories of the significant songs in our lives. New live performance work created with each project for the participants and their local community. Fun, creative and a little nostalgic!
Robert Graham at the Coogee Beach Surf Lifesaving Club
Open to the public! Food trucks, kid's stuff, bar - and live music courtesy of Robert
Rossmoyne Senior High School Music Recital
Playing for some of the talented soloists at Rossmoyne Senior High students for their recital night.
Melbourne Cup Extravaganza
Come along and boogie with me at this fine restaurant and watch the biggest race in the world!