Robert has worked as a Music Director both in Canada and Australia and also been involved in many shows as vocal/repertoire coach, pit musician, and rehearsal pianist.
In 2019 (and also in 2017) Robert was the Music Director and pianist for “Miz Saigon” as part of the Broadway Concert Series at the Meridian Arts Centre in Toronto and other venues featuring the cream of Canadian Music Theatre talent including Ma-Anne Dionisio, George Masswohl, Jeff Madden, Jay Davis, David Silvestri, Gabi Epstein, Fran Anton-Harwart, and Gordon McLaren.
From 2017 to 2019 he worked both at the "Music Theatre Creation Lab" program at the Randolph Academy Kid's Program, as well as KaraLee Theatre/Theatre Hive (Toronto) as part of the "Let's Write a Musical" program, during which he worked with talented teenagers to devise, compose, rehearse and perform several musicals - all in 9 days each!
In the summer of 2017 he was MD and pianist for the musical "Seeking Refuge" by Rick Jones at the Toronto Fringe Festival with Thick and Thin Theatre company which made NOW Magazine's lists of "Outstanding Productions" as well as "Outstanding Ensemble".
In the summer of 2016 Robert was MD and pianist for the Toronto Fringe festival show "Echoes - A New Musical" which was nominated as NOW Magazine's "Pick of the Fringe" and listed as one of their "Outstanding Ensembles"
In the fall and winter of 2015 he was MD and pianist for a new version of PETER PAN with Yellow Door Theatre in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario.
In the summer of 2014 Robert was MD and pianist with the wonderful ANNE AND GILBERT at the Guild Theatre in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
In January 2014 he opened the new Canadian musical KILLER BUSINESS - THE MUSICAL, as part of the Toronto Next Stage Festival. This show was a big success - the second highest grossing show in the seven year history of the Festival.
Below is Robert's complete Music Theatre Experience over the years:
- MIZ SAIGON - Broadway Concert Series - Toronto
HOW TO MAKE A BIBBIDI BOBBIDY BEST FRIEND - The Creation Lab - Randolph Academy Kid's Program - Toronto
- SUMMER SCHOOL'D - The Creation Lab - Randolph Academy Kid's Program - Toronto
- SEEKING REFUGE - Thick and Thin Theatre Company - Toronto Fringe Festival
- SONGS FROM LES MISERABLES AND MISS SAIGON - Broadway Concert Series - Brockville/KIngston Ontario
- BETWEEN THE LIES - The Creation Lab - Randolph Academy Kid's Program - Toronto
- UP AND AWAY - The Creation Lab - Randolph Academy Kid's Program - Toronto
- ECHOES - A NEW MUSICAL - Chaos and Light - Toronto Fringe Festival
- FATE CITY - The Creation Lab - Randolph Academy Kid's Program - Toronto
- PETER PAN - Yellow Door Theatre Project - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- SONGS IN THE KEY OF LOVE - Festival of Smiles - Smile Theatre Company - Toronto
- ANNE AND GILBERT - The Guild Theatre - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- KILLER BUSINESS - THE MUSICAL - Torrent Productions (Next Stage Festival) - Toronto
- THE BEAVER DEN - Jazzed Squared Theatre Company - Winnipeg Fringe Festival
- FIDDLER ON THE ROOF - CATS Mainstage Theatre Company - oronto
- CRAZY FOR YOU - Toronto Youth Music Theatre Company - Toronto
- IT'S CHRISTMAS AGAIN?! - Red Sandcastle Theatre - Toronto
- THE WIZARD OF OZ - Moonpath Productions - Belleville, Ontario
- DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS- Moonpath Productions - Belleville, Ontario
- THE FULL MONTY- Moonpath Productions - Belleville, Ontario
- ANNIE - Moonpath Productions - Belleville, Ontario
- CATS - Stirling Festival Theatre - Stirling, Ontario
- CABARET - Scarp Theatre Company - Perth, Western Australia
- 42nd STREET - MBS Dance and Theatre Company - Kingston, Ontario
"Seeking Refuge": https://nowtoronto.com/stage/toronto-fringe-festival-2017/fringe-review-seeking-refuge/
"Wizard of OZ": http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3263948