Jonathon Baker 5:240:00/5:24
In Love with a Girl 2:430:00/2:43
Reaching You 3:570:00/3:57
I Won't Cry For You 3:070:00/3:07
Set it Free 4:260:00/4:26
Living in a Coma 4:440:00/4:44
"Believe in Love" 2:330:00/2:33
Don't Go 3:550:00/3:55
One Little Sign 3:400:00/3:40
"THE LINE" - the brand new album from Robert Graham is out now! Please click on the link above ("Robert's Music") to listen........
"Robert is a brilliant musician. It’s not just that he plays well or that he’s a skilled and gifted writer. It’s his intuition and prescience with a piece of music that first got my attention. As an accompanist, he is spot on, but as a collaborator, he is to be trusted unreservedly. He is also a gifted educator, a beloved choir director, bandleader... (George Masswohl - "Come From Away")
Canadian/Australian musician Robert Graham is an award-winning pianist, singer/songwriter, and vocalist, as well as a Music Director, collaborative pianist (vocal, instrumental, and dance), choir director, vocal/repertoire coach, educator, and writer.
Recently relocated to his former home of Perth, Western Australia, Robert is equally at home performing not only his own original music, but also classical, pop, rock, musical theatre, opera, and jazz repertoire. He is also a creator of award-winning original multi-genre music (see "Songwriter" above) and also collaborates with others to produce new works of theatre and musical theatre.
Like his own original music, Robert's career has been varied and eclectic, encompassing many genres. Please explore any of the tabs above to discover more and also please consider signing up to Robert's mailing list (see above) to keep up with his musical activities.
If you would like to book Robert for your event or venue please check out the "Entertainer" above.
Robert's Musical Journey
Growing up in Gibsons, British Columbia, and Perth, Western Australia Robert graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Music Education. A very short teaching career ensued - which came to an end when Robert decided - at the age of 25 - that high school teaching was not for him.
Since then Robert has been on an amazing and beautiful rollercoaster of a musical journey. Together with his songwriting and performing, Robert has been Musical Director on numerous Theatre productions and concerts across Canada and Australia, and is high demand as a pianist and vocalist.
His musical collaborations have also included several multi-genre bands and ensembles - including two UK tours with Canadian roots supergroup and (Canadian Folk Music award winners) "Tanglefoot", Australia's Chilean group "Los Chasquis", his own Toronto band "The Fairest and Best", and most recently legendary Australian Aboriginal band "YABU". He also works with The Perth Symphonic Chorus, the West Australian Opera Company, and is currently featured in the “Duelling Piano” series at the Subiaco Hotel.
Music from Robert's his debut solo album "Storm in a Teacup" and the debut EP from "The Fairest and Best" elicited three all-network sync licensing contracts (The Discovery Channel, Fox Sports and The NASCAR Network) as well as contracts from thirteen individual TV shows - including I Am Cait, The Real World, Bad Girls Club, Total Divas and three Kardashian shows - none of which Robert has ever watched! It was also added to the playlists of over 100 radio stations across North America. His 2022 album “The Line” has been similarly well received, earning him a semi-finalist position in the 2023 UK Songwriting Contest and the 2022 Dallas Songwriters Association Song Contest. His songs have also garnered awards from the Billboard World Song Contest, and the "Songs for Social Change" contest - among others.
Robert was the inaugural winner of the 2018 Douglas C Cowling Bursary in Liturgical Music and also a winner of a 2019 Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary.
For a further taste of Robert's songwriting and to purchase some of his music, click: here
If you would are a fan of Robert's and would like to support him in his career in the arts with either a one-off or a small monthly donation as a patron please click here
And finally, a little spot for random interesting things involving Robert recently:
- July 2023 The title track from Robert's 2022 album “The Line” was given a semi-final placement in the 2023 UK Songwriting contest (Adult contemporary section) and his song “When the World Begins Again” was given a “commended entry” in the same section.
- May 3rd 2023, “Concert for Cambodia”: Robert is thrilled to announce that this fundraising concert for the youth of Cambodia raised over 10k!
- September 2022 Robert released his second solo album “The Line” (see “Robert's music” above).
- September 2022: Robert was commissioned to write a choral piece for the 2022 West Australian Mass Choir Festival, an annual event at the Perth Concert Hall over several nights featuring 85 schools. The piece, written on the subject of the "Uluru Statement from the Heart, was performed by 450 public school students and a small ensemble including a string quartet.
- Writing: Robert has recently re-acquainted himself with his first love - writing! You can read his articles and video essays on life, music, and his own personal journey at the "Blog" tab above.
- November 2021: Robert was thrilled to join the legendary Aboriginal band "YABU" for a live concert video, the opening of Perth's NAIDOC week, and a short tour of the Goldfields, during which he featured in the YABU band's new video "Cry in the Wind". Robert also performed in Port Hedland with YABU.
- December 2020: Robert was interviewed for a very cool podcast called "Once Upon A Line" in which he talked about two lines of literature that have inspired him for decades - lines he wrote down and kept in his wallet for 30 years! You can listen here.
FIND Robert online
Back at my favourite club to play your favourite songs!
Excited to making my debut at Print Hall for their "Ivory Rivalry" - featuring THREE pianists and TWO drummers!
I am excited to be part of the first-ever launch of "Duelling Pianos" in Perth. This world-wide phenomenon features two pianist/singers riffing off each other and playing audience requests. Every Saturday night for the rest of the year! My dates are July 8th, and 29th, Aug 12th, Sept 2nd and 30th, Oct 28th, Nov 11th, Dec 2nd, and Dec 16th, but head along any Saturday for the show!
I am thrilled to be playing this Sunday session for all the yachties!